Tuesday, August 11, 2009

easily - let's get carried away

Went for a bug hunt at work. Some kid really wanted a dragon fly, but they were way too high for him to reach. So I volunteered that I'd try even though I didn't want to get near the bug, thinking it'd be impossible because the dragon fly would fly away when I got close.

Anyway, I have this jar with a lid and I start approaching it and low and behold - the thing doesn't fly away, it's just sitting there. During my approach, I'm just thinking, "Why isn't he flying away?!" Meanwhile, the kid I was with realized that I was just hovering the jar around the bug and was like, "CATCH IT CATCH IT" ... so... I caught it.

The dragon fly, of course, starts freaking out and flying all over the jar, but I couldn't shut it because I thought if I moved the lid at all, it'd fly out and right into my face.

So this kid and I are walking over to the other teacher so I can get HER to shut it, and the whole walk over there, I feel the wings going CRAZY beneath the holes in the lid and I just felt like dropping the thing, but I held strong! And in the end, the dragon fly was caught and it was the coolest bug we caught all day!

So hey ya'll - I caught a dragon fly!

2 comments:

D.M. said...

for not liking bugs... or pictures of bugs.. you have a lot of pictures of bugs on here...

Jamie said...

agreed. i'm trying to face my fears, i guess?